Fare & Service Change Process
In the spring of 2018, EMBARK held several community meetings to hear feedback on proposed fare and service changes. These meetings provided thoughts from the community on the upcoming changes. A full report of the public meetings can be found here. An official public hearing was held on April 6, 2018, and the changes were officially voted on and approved by the COTPA board on May 4, 2018.
The fare and service changes will go into effect on July 29, 2018. These changes include a variety of things ranging from route realignments, additional service, and reorganized fare structures to accommodate the upcoming OKC Streetcar Service. A full summary of the upcoming changes can be found below.
Upcoming Fare & Service Changes
- We will no longer give out fare change cards on fixed-route buses. Plan to bring exact change for bus fares. Valid change cards will still be accepted to pay fares until June 30, 2019, but new change cards will no longer be provided. Find more information on bus fares & passes here.
- The qualification age for Reduced Fare Benefits by Age is changing from 60 years old to 65 years old starting on July 29. Customers already carrying an EMBARK Reduced Fare Card will continue to receive the benefit. Learn more about Reduced Fare Benefits here.
- All fixed-route bus passes are now Universal Passes. Universal passes can be used for both fixed-route buses and the OKC Streetcar. All passes and fare prices can be found here.
- A Universal Annual Pass for $600 is now available.
- New downtown fare schedule is in place for Route 050 and Streetcar only services as:
- Single Trip Fare* $1 per boarding
- Day Pass* $3
- Monthly Pass* $32
- Annual Pass* $384
- *Standard Reduced Fare Benefits Apply
- New route for Rt 050 (formerly known as Downtown Discovery) has been created. View the route change here.
- Night service is being added to Route 022! It will operate hourly (60 minutes) till midnight on weekdays. View route 022 here!
- The Special Services division is now known as Mobility Management. View all of Mobility Management’s services here.
If you have questions about the upcoming service changes or would like more information on EMBARK’s family of services, visit embarkok.com. You can also contact EMBARK via email at email@example.com or by phone at 405-235-7433.